Are you interested in visiting the Famous Shri Kartarpur Sahib Gurudrawa in Pakistan from India? The online booking & Registration process is covered in detail here. Do read the details given here before planning to visit Kartarpur Corridor.
India is a democratic nation where every faith is honoured. There are sacred sites for worship in every faith. There is a very well-known Gurudwara at Kartarpur Sahib. This houses the spiritual centre for six communities. People come from all over the world to see this very well-known gurdwara to worship. This Gurudwara is located in Pakistan’s province of Punjab. Gurudwara Gur Nanak Dev Ji is claimed to have stayed here for 18 years. After a protracted wait, those who wish to visit this Gurudwara may do so following registration.
We will provide you with detailed instructions on how to register online to visit the KartarPur Sahib corridor in this tutorial. You must go to the official website at prakashpurb550.mha.gov.in launched by the relevant department to register online. You must read this tutorial through to the conclusion in order to obtain all of the information regarding “Kartarpur Sahib Corridor Registration”.
Kartarpur Corridor Gurudwara Sahib – Online Registration Details
Before we discuss the online booking process, here is an overview of the Popular Sikh Gurudwara in Pakistan – Shri Kartarpur Sahib:
The Gurudwara where Shri Guru Nanak passed away in 1539 is accessible to Indian Sikhs via the Kartarpur corridor, a visa-free passage that is located barely 4 kilometres inside Pakistan. The corridor was initially inaugurated in 2019 to commemorate Nanak’s 550th birthday, but it was shut down because of the coronavirus epidemic last year. The final 18 years of Guru Nanak’s life were spent in Kartarpur Sahib. From the other side of the border in India, one can see his white-domed monument.
The corridor links Punjab in Pakistan with Punjab in India, which was split between the two nations when they won independence from Britain in 1947. Punjab is the home of Sikhism. Even though many of their sacred sites are still present in Muslim-dominated Pakistan, Sikhs make up a very small percentage there. With three full-scale wars fought over Kashmir, a Himalayan region split between the two nations in sections but claimed by each in its whole, Pakistan and India have a legacy of acrimonious ties.
Sikh pilgrims from India find it difficult to go there and have long called for a road link and a relaxation of the requirements for travel permits, both of which the official registration page at prakashpurb550.mha.gov.in has greatly facilitated.
Required documents for Kartarpur Sahib Gurudwara Yatra
To attend Gurdwara Sahib in Kartarpur, you must register online and present the following paperwork in addition to the registration form: –
- An Indian citizen with a valid passport is required to apply.
- Passport-sized pictures
- Number on the applicant’s Aadhar card and PAN card.
- A valid mobile number
- Successful Online Application
Kartarpur Corridor Registration – Apply, Online Booking Process 2022
If you want to fulfil your pilgrimage to the Kartarpur Corridor, you will need to register yourself with your passport on the official website at prakashpurb550.mha.gov.in. Since the Gurudwara is located in Pakistan’s Punjab province, prior registration is a must. Let us take a look at the registration process.
- First, head on to the official website at prakashpurb550.mha.gov.in. to begin with the registration process.
- Now, click on the “Apply Online” option that can be found on the top menu bar of the website.
- On the next page, choose if you are an Indian national or a foreign passport holder. Also, choose the journey of the date and click on Continue.
- On the next page, fill in details like your passport number and other details along with your name, gender etc. Solve the captcha and click on “Save and Continue”.
- You will now receive the Temporary file number. Keep this safe for future reference.
- Now enter other details like your address, state pin code etc. Click on Save and continue.
- On the next page, fill in details like Aadhaar and Pan number, contact details etc. Click on “Save and Continue.”
- Now, on the next page answer, all the questions asked to you like criminal history etc. Click on “Save and Continue”.
- Now agree to the declaration prompt on the next page and click on “Save and Continue”.
- Now, review all the details in the next page. In case of any errors, click on “Modify/Edit”. If all the details are in order, click on “Save and Continue”.
- Now, upload your photograph on the portal. Ensure to follow the file format guidelines to upload the image. Click on “Save and Continue” to proceed.
- After completing all the steps, you will be prompted with a confirmation message. Ensure to note down the reference registration number for future use. You are now done with the Kartarpur corridor registration.
How to Check Application Status
Once you have applied, you can check the status of your application too. Here is the process:
- Visit the Status checking page
- Enter the Registration number, passport number and the captcha code
- Click on Submit to check the status
Last Updated on July 8, 2022 by Team Aissf