The Indian government has created an online portal called E prison for the families and well-wishers of inmates from various states. The Online Registration to Meet Prisoners, also known as “E-mulaqat,” allows Families and Others to Schedule Online Appointments and Reserve Time Slots to Meet Prisoners. Another facility for sending money to Inmates Online is also appreciable.
This Portal has provided enormous relief to the prisoners’ families.
Through the official website of the Prisons Department Punjab, one can schedule online appointments for meeting inmates online via video conferencing or offline by visiting the prison. People who are elderly or disabled and find it really difficult to travel can now view and meet their family members who are imprisoned in District or Regional Prisons from home without having to travel using Video Conferencing Option Online.
This tutorial will help users go through the complete process of registering on the e mulakat portal along with several other details to make the appointment booking process much more seamless. Ensure to keep reading till the very end to understand the complete process.
emulakat Punjab – Jail Visit Online Appointment
This section will help you book the online appointment for your jail visit. Let us take a complete look at the full process.
- First, head on to the official portal of Punjab Prisons at prisons.punjab.gov.in.
- Now click on the e Mulakat option found on the home page or click on the “e Mulaquat System” found under the “initiatives” drop-down menu which can be found on the top menu bar.
- You will now be redirected to the New Visitor registration page. On the left section fo the form, fill in the visitor details like name, address, ID details etc.
- Next, on the right side, fill in the details of the prisoner with whom you are looking to meet like name of prisoner, date of visit etc. Next, solve the captcha and click on “Submit”.
- You will now need to do OTP verification with the registered mobile number. After successful verification, your online appointment booking slot will be successfully created.
- Ensure to keep the registration number safe for future use.
Check eMulakat Application Status
Now that you have successfully booked the appointment using the portal, you will need to check the status of your booking before the day of your visit. Let us take a complete look at how to check the status of your e-mulakat appointment booking.
- First head on to the official portal of Punjab Prisons at prisons.punjab.gov.in.
- Now click on the e mulakat option. On the next page, find the option labelled “View Status” which can be found on the top of the page.
- On the next page, fill in the registration number that you received during the process the appoitnment booking on the portal. Solve the captcha and click on “Search”.
- You should now be able to see the complete status of your appointment booking.
Ensure carry the acknowledgement slip along with proper IDs on the day of your visit for a hassle free meeting,
Benefits of the Punjab Prisons E-Mulakat scheme
By introducing the Punjab Prisons E-Mulakat scheme, the government has made prison visits really accessible and simple for the common people. With an online booking of appointments, the process has been really simplified. Let us take a complete look at this scheme’s benefits.
- Earlier, visiting inmates in jails was quite a hassle. Long queues, strict visiting hours and an overwhelming number of visitors meant most days people were not able to meet with the inmates they want to meet. Thanks to the online portal, visiting inmates in jails has become quite easy.
- Easy access for family members to visit their loved ones in prison: By introducing the Punjab Prisons E-Mulakat portal, family members of the prisoners can easily book appointments to visit them without having to grease the palms of corrupt officials.
- Meeting dates can be selected as per convenience along with the time.
- The best part is that elder family members do not need to head on to the prisons to meet their imprisoned family members. Thanks to the great video calling feature, they can opt to meet with the prisoners over the internet without having to leave their homes.
- Easy service delivery helps inmates to get full support from their families and lawyers without having to wait for specific visiting hours.
Last Updated on December 15, 2022 by Team Aissf