Online Registration on the PGI portal saves a lot of time for patients. This article explains the Pre Registration process and OPD appointment.
In order to get treatment in PGI Chandigarh, it is important to get registered first. Once your record is added to the system, the whole process becomes very easy. Let’s focus on the registration process.
Every registered patient is given the Central Registration number of PGIMER. Using this unique number, records of the patient can be maintained easily.
Who can Register Online
Any patient (from any state) who is coming to PGI for the first time is eligible to utilize the online pre-registration facility to avail of the OPD Card and Central registration number.
The benefit of online Pre-registration will only be given if you are planning to get treatment under any of the below-given departments.
- Advanced Eye Centre(Ophthalmology)
- General Surgery
- Head And Neck Surgery(ENT)
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Oral Health Science Centre
- Paediatric Medicine
- Paediatric Orthopaedics
- Paediatric Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
Kindly understand that registering is not the same as an appointment. The pre-registration simply helps you to avoid long queues at the registration counter. Those with online registration can stand in shorter queues, share the registration details and get registered fastly.
PGIMER Online Pre-Registration 2023
The pre-registration process is slightly different for new and old (revisit) patients. The old patients will have the CR number already, so the process will be faster for them. However, the new patients first need to get their Central Registration number, so the first-time registration process takes slightly extra time. Let’s understand both.
Registration For New/Old Patients
The online pre-registration process is very simple-
- Head to the registration page
- Select “No”
- Click on the “Next” button
- Select the department you want to visit
- This opens up a calendar, select the date with available slots
- After that select the time
- Now provide other details like Your name, Address, Mobile Number, Email ID
- Before hitting the submit button, enter the captcha code
- Finally submit the form
- Now, you shall get registration confirmation. Download the receipt as a PDF file for future references
Online Pre-Registration Process for Old / Revisiting Patients
- Go to this page
- Select “yes”
- Enter the CR number
- Click on “Generate OTP”
- Enter the Received OTP
- Select the Date of Visit and confirm the registration
The old patients who have the CR number are eligible for pre-registration for following departments
|1. Anesthesia & Intensive Care||16.Ophthalmology (Advanced Eye Centre)|
|2. Cardiology||17.Oral Health Sciences|
|3. Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery||18.Orthopedics|
|4. Drug De-Addiction||19.Otolaryngology (Head & Neck Surgery)|
|5. Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||20.Pediatric Medicine|
|6. Endocrinology||21.Pediatric Orthopedics|
|7. Gastroenterology||22.Pediatric Surgery|
|8. General Surgery||23.Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine|
|9. Hepatology||24.Plastic Surgery|
|10.Internal Medicine||25.Pulmonary Medicine|
|11.Nephrology||26.Renal Transplant Surgery|
|15.Obstetrics & Gynecology|
Teleconsultation Online Registration
Recently, a Teleconsultation facility is also started to assist patients who are unable to visit physically. For teleconsultation too, registration is very helpful.
Note: Teleconsultation simply means consultation over the phone.
Here is the process:
- Head to this page – https://pgimer.edu.in/PGIMER_PORTAL/PGIMERPORTAL/GlobalPages/JSP/portal_pre_registration_instructions.jsp
- Specify if you have a CR number or not
- Then select the Date and select the available slot
- Provide your phone number
- Download the PDF & Print the registration slip
- Be available as per the teleconsultation schedule
What to do after registering?
- Go to the PGI counter as per the given time
- Don’t wait in the general queue, stand in the online registration queue which is usually very short
- Show your Registration Slip to the operator
- After checking and verifying your details, the operator will create an OPD card and a permanent CRNO (Central Registration Number)
- You Shall now go to the allotted room number for OPD
How to Change Pre-Registration Date
If you have successfully filled out the online registration form for a particular date and now can’t visit on that date, you can reschedule. The process of rescheduling is as follows:
- Open the reschedule page – https://pgimer.edu.in/PGIMER_PORTAL/PGIMERPORTAL/GlobalPages/JSP/rescheduleAppointmentMainPortal.jsp
- Enter the Pre Registration Number
- Click on “generate otp”
- Enter the OTP received on the registered mobile number
- Click on “Reschedule”
- Now Choose the new date and confirm
- Download the registration slip
Cancelling Pre Registration
If for some reason you want to cancel the pre-registration, just follow the steps”
- Go to the cancellation page – https://pgimer.edu.in/PGIMER_PORTAL/PGIMERPORTAL/GlobalPages/JSP/cancelAppointmentMainPortal.jsp
- Enter the Pre Registration number
- Click on “Generate OTP”
- Enter the Received OTP and cancel it
PGI Online OPD Appointment – How to Book Slot
I know most of the patients are looking for an Online OPD appointment facility, however, this facility is currently available for the department of Plastic Surgery for patients of Special Clinics.
For all other departments, the best thing you can do to save time is complete the online registration process and save the waiting time in queues.
All patients must see the OPD schedule before visiting the PGIMER.
As mentioned above, it is currently not possible to book an appointment online. Follow these steps to save time though:
- Complete the online Pre Registration
- Head to the Online registration counter as per the date you specified during registration
- Get your OPD card and Central Registration Number
- Check the OPD Schedule
For details of admitted patients, online appointments, OT/OPD Schedule etc. dial – +91-172-2756565,2756464,2756005,2746018
What are the benefits of Online pre-registration?
The pre-registration process saves a lot of time because having done the registration, you will not have to wait in long queues.
What to do after registering online?
Once registered, visit the PGI reception as per the schedule and get your OPD card and Central registration number.
How to book an online appointment?
An online appointment facility is currently available for the department of Plastic Surgery for patients of Special Clinics.
How to apply for teleconsultation?
For those who can’t visit the PGI premises, teleconsultation is a great alternative. You may pre-register for teleconsultation and expect a call from the doctor as per the schedule.
What is the CR number?
CR is the central registration number. This number is unique to every patient at PGI.
Last Updated on November 27, 2022 by Team Aissf